All users of this site and the Component Architect software are required to abide by the Conditions of Use found in this document.
By continuing to browse and use our website or by downloading our software, you agree to comply with and be bound by the Conditions of Use laid out in this document, including the policies outlined herein, which govern Component Architect's relationship with you in relation to its website.
The Conditions of Use set out below relate to the whole Component Architect website and our products and services, unless specified to the contrary.
They detail the types of information that may be found on the site, the type of products and services we provided and the protections accorded to these in respect of:
- Personal information and privacy
- Content provision, copyright and intellectual property
- License and Warranty
We reserve the right to modify these Conditions of Use at any time, so please review them frequently. If we make material changes, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page. By continuing to use the Component Architect website after a notice of changes has been sent to you or published on the website, you consent to be bound by the changes.
If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions relating to the site’s Conditions of Use, please get in touch either using the Contact Us form on our website or by email to: siteadmin@componentarchitect,com
Component Architect is a trading name of Simply Open Source Ltd - Registered in England and Wales, Company Registration No. : 6173267
Component Architect trade address and Simply Open Source Ltd ‘s registered address is:
Flat 3, 11 Wingfield Road
Your use of the Component Architect website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Scope of Products and Services
Component Architect provide three types of services: downloads, support and custom development.
Downloads are further divided into free-of-charge downloads, available to registered users of the Component Architect website, and paid-for downloads, available only to subscribers. All downloads are provided only to registered users Component Architect website either logged in to the site or via automatic updates provided to installed versions of our downloads. Paid-for downloads are available to the qualifying subscribers, if they are logged in, and only for the term of their subscription. As soon as your subscription expires you will have no access to any of the paid-for downloads, even for those items which were already published or made available during your subscription's term.
Support services are provided only to registered users when they are logged in to the Component Architect website. We will not provide support by any other means including, but not limited to, email, regular mail, telephone, Twitter, Facebook, Skype and so on.
All support services are provided on a best efforts' basis only. We provide no guarantee of response time or a service level agreement that we will adhere to. Two forms of support are provided:
- Forum support is open to all registered users and qualifying subscribers. It is provided free of charge with support responses being provided only through the Forum. We will not request nor provide a service via the Forum where we access directly your site or server. All information must be provided through the Forum itself.
- Ticketed Support is only available to qualifying subscribers for the term of your subscription. When your subscription expires you will not be able to file any replies to your existing tickets or new tickets. Moreover, all your tickets classed as 'private' tickets will no longer be available for you to read. Ticketed support will take priority over Forum support. We will attempt to always give an initial response to a Ticketed support request within one working day, but provide no guarantee that this will always be achieved, as volume of requests and availability of staff may limit our ability to meet this target. Initial ticketed support requests are all 'public' tickets. These will be readable by all pad-up subscribers and Component Architect support staff. If there is a requirement for you to provide personal or security details we will change the ticket to a 'private one. Private tickets are accessible only by the person raising the ticket and our support staff. We reserve the right to transfer any or all of the information, excepting personal and security details, from any, public or private, support ticket into our Forum to provide information for all users of our software.
Before submitting a Forum post or a Support Ticket we will expect you to have yourself attempted to diagnose any problem by:
- Reviewing the documentation for the software to ensure your question is not covered there
- Searching the Forum for any relevant posts and solutions
- Taken steps to confirm that it is not a problem with Joomla itself (e.g. access control or viewing levels), other components or your server environment
We will always try to assist but if the problem lies outside of our software, or any request is rude, threatening or abusive we reserve the absolute right to cease responding to any specific forum posts or support tickets. If any rude, threatening or abusive behaviour persists then we also reserve the absolute right to cease all support to a user whether that user is a free registered user or a paid subscriber. No refund will be made for the discontinuation of a paid-for support service in these circumstances.
Neither Forum nor Ticketed support is provided on a 24/7 365 days basis. In general support will only be available during the normal working week (Monday to Friday) excluding public holidays in the United Kingdom. Availability of our support services will be clearly indicated on our website.
Custom development is provided on an as needed/as requested basis. Each custom development task will be individually agreed and contracted to by the end user and Component Architect and its legal owner. The terms and conditions of that Custom Development agreement will be clearly set out and will require express signature and approval by all parties.
Fair Use Policy
We wish to continue to provide Open Source software which is compliant with GPL 3.0 but to do this and still remain commercially viable we rely on the 'fair use' of our products and services. Key to this is that paid-for subscriptions are for individual registered users only. They may not be shared or passed on to other users. We reserve the right to cease the provision of free downloads, paid-for downloads, forum support or support tickets where there is evidence that a registered user or paid-for subscriber is:
- Reselling a component generating service and passing support requests to them on to Component Architect
- Allowing multiple individuals to use the paid-for subscriber's user account either within an organisation or individuals in many organisations
- Developing a rival service to Component Architect's component generation software
- Developing components for distribution that are proprietary or do not comply in any way with the requirements of our GPL 3.0 license
We also reserve the right to block, cancel or delete any user account (and, if known, their IP address) which we believe is being used for any of these purposes.
Disclaimer of warranties and general limitation of liability
This site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. The information on this website has been obtained from sources that we believe to be reliable and accurate at the date of publication, but no warranty of accuracy is given. We are not responsible for the accuracy of information within sites provided by third parties, which may have links to or from our pages.
Any opinions expressed reflect the judgement of the identified author at the time of writing and are subject to change without notice.
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED AS-IS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF AVAILABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE AVAILABILITY, QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF OUR SERVICES IS WITH YOU. SHOULD ANY OF OUR SERVICES PROVE INEFFICIENT OR UNSUITABLE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY ACTIONS TO RECTIFY THE ISSUE.
IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW COMPONENT ARCHITEXT, ITS OWNERS, STAFF, ASSOCIATES OR ANYONE AFFILIATED WITH ITS MAINTENANCE, OPERATION OR HOSTING BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF OUR PROGRAMS TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS), EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Component Architect makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the Component Architect website’s operation and the availability of the information, content or materials included on it. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Component Architect hereby disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose.
You agree to preclude Component Architect from any liability in respect of any errors or omissions by us or any other relevant third parties. You also expressly agree that your use of the Component Architect website, the Content and the Products and Services provided therein is conducted solely at your own risk.
If you do not agree with these Terms, you are not allowed to use our products and services. Moreover, any use of our products and services implies the unconditional and immediate acceptance of the aforementioned terms, waiving your legal rights to uphold them.
"Cooling-off" Period and Refunds Policy
In compliance with EU directives, you are entitled to 30 calendar days of "cooling-off" period. If within those 30 calendar days you have not used our services (explicitly: you have not downloaded our paid-for software and have not requested software support via a Support Ticket) you are eligible for a full refund of your purchase, no questions asked. However, in accordance with those directives, if you have already downloaded our software and/or already made use of our Support Ticket services you are not eligible for a refund, even in the first 30 calendar days since your purchase.
Refunds for renewals will be treated in the same way as a new purchase, in that if no products or services are downloaded or used within 30 days of activation of the renewal then the renewal fee may be refunded.
This policy will be applied equally to those users that are resident outside to the EU.
In any other case, no refunds will be given whatsoever. By using our software download and support services you explicitly declare that you accept our policy of no refunds beyond the provisions of the applicable EU Directives.
Component Architect uses your personal information to:
- Enhance your usage of Component Architect
- To respond to enquiries submitted
Enhancing site usage
Component Architect uses Google Analytics and web log analysers to review the use of the Component Architect website. Some of the information held in Google Analytics and in the web logs may be personal information (IP addresses, email address, names , username, passwords etc) that you have entered onto the site.
To respond to enquiries submitted
If you submit and enquiry to Component Architect using the Enquiry Form we will retain the information you have entered to provide a way to respond to your enquiry and, possibly, to contact you in future providing information on new services or offers from Component Architect.
Supply of personal information to Third Parties
Component Architect does not rent, sell, or otherwise provide to third parties any personal information that you provide to us (whether for marketing purposes or otherwise) except as required to carry out your instructions or to provide services to you (for example, when processing credit card payments or storing data on our servers).
We may however provide aggregated anonymous data about your usage of the Services we provide to Third Parties for any purposes we deem, in our sole discretion, to be appropriate.
We also reserve the right to share your information in the following specific circumstances:
- If compelled by law – for example, where we believe in good faith that disclosure is required to investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies;
- As necessary to enforce the Conditions set out in this document – for example, to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations;
- To protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Component Architect, its Users, and the public, or to protect the security or integrity of our site; or
- In connection with the reorganisation or sale of Component Architect’s assets.
Your email address
Your email address will never be made available to other individuals or organisations apart from where you specifically authorise us to do so.
In order to secure your personal information, we have taken reasonable steps to safeguard the information you provide to us:
- Sensitive data (such as credit card information) is protected by SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and the Component Architect website.
- All information you provide to us, including your personal information, is stored in a tier-one secured-access data centre.
- To protect any data you store on our servers, Component Architect also regularly audits its system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we use a tier-one secured-access data centre.
However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure; accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Component Architect. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
You should also note that emails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication with Component Architect are not encrypted, and we strongly recommend that you do not communicate any confidential information through these means.